Elma School Cambodia is an established, well-credentialed organization, supporting Cambodian children and young people to receive a quality education. Volunteers can make a valuable contribution to the school, especially those with specialist skills and expertise.
Elma School Cambodia’s volunteer program is open to people of all ages and from all walks of life. We welcome singles, couples and families (children fewer than 18 must be accompanied by a guardian).
Volunteers can help:
- Support our English teachers
- Help with general maintenance and construction of infrastructure if needed
- Take part in our community-based projects
- Administration Cost
- Library Decoration
We also periodically require the services of experts including but not limited to:
- Human resources
- IT professionals
If you would like to volunteer with us, please list your skills in your application form.
Elma School Cambodia
The School educates around 430 students daily, teaching English, math, computer skills, moral and gender equality and Farming. We are always in need of fluent English-speaking volunteers to support our Khmer teachers in the classrooms with pronunciation and grammar. Classes run daily between 08:00 and 11:00 and again from 14:00 to 17:00. We ask each volunteer to commit to the morning, afternoon or both sessions.
Elma Health care
Elma Health Care welcomes qualified nurses who are interested in gaining experience in a third-world country. We accept Volunteers in this area for a period of 1 week to 1 month. However longer-term volunteer applications will be considered.
Note: Elma Health Care plans to open at Elma School and we open to get Donors to support Health Care project. We want this project happen for children.
Community Development Program
The Community Development Program provides an opportunity for those who wish to assist our Social Workers. Working with families in crisis situations is both challenging and rewarding. It involves problem solving, assisting our Khmer Social Workers with their family reports, and visits to the community. Volunteers for the Community Development Program must have computer skills so that they can assist our staff in preparing and vetting family reports.
In 2017 we worked with the partner to build houses 27 , toilet 30, water well 25 to poor Elma Students and community. We challenge to build 15 houses this years and other toilets and water well that is basic for life.
Why does student drop out from school ?
- After the end of civil ware 1975-79( Pol pot or Khmer Rouge Regime 3 years and 8 months 4million citizen was killed estimated) Cambodia started to give value for Education. Many schools was build, Teachers and students come to school. But since nowadays, Cambodia still exist drop out of students because many factors affect their daily life such as:
- Family’s situation( income, schooling supply, food, works..etc..)
- Family’s Education Level is lack of Value education, Understanding for education, motivation, care, courage, hope, think short term..etc..
- Negative pre- learners keep bad model for new generation( See eyes to eyes)
- Friend association at home and school ( Good Friend bring you to good way).
- No advisers and no consultants to debate about schooling ..etc..
- Family goes far away(Thailand) from kids and keep them with relative and grandparents, parents- kids- grandchild became habit.. Etc..
- Get marries in young age that affect from one generation to generation.
- Teacher’s salary is a part student with student’s studying careless.
- School Location far from students and their homeland.
- Addict Drugs, alcoholism, obsess with modern materials.
- Social situation changing Villager’s view , Community and social, Local people.
- Especially lack of three main points: Parents, School, and Community..etc..
Environment with us
To Educate children to know
more about environment.
Furthermore, they learn
about the advantages of
“Let’s Clean And Grow Plant Together”
1 fruit tree $10 we plan to grow one month 14 fruits tree in community and full year! please join with us!
You and Dream Voice Program
Same Act, True Dream ( business and famous phots) how to become like them! Habit act and supporter Is to provide all students to express their dream to everyone and encourage them to know Dream and how to reach the dream come true. We believe in dream and we believe our act to reach dream and motivate and encourage them. Through sharing ideas and along with them and stand behind of them such as support , advice and consultant if needed.
This program will open opportunity for adults, teachers ,community, parents and ,everyone, experts come to share ideas to help presenter this program in order to make this program more professional and famous people join to make reality experience and professional knowledge and real experiences.
Sponsors and Donors: we welcome all sponsors and donor to support this program can run and sustain this program donating and supporting.
Donate : program holders/managing (This program happen on Friday from 5 to 5:30 PM )
- Administrative cost
- Small Gift for guests
- General programmers
- Support social media( YouTube, Facebook )share comment like) thanks.
- Sponsor and Donor this program budget 100$ – 150$ 4 times per month this budget to support program operation. Thank You!